Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests storing and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server run by a website hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a peek at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a web page, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by certain web hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between autonomous sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a big amount of images with friends or colleagues since the solution is typically free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your mail accounts. Some providers offer site hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video clips as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload video clips, etc. At HD Web Hosting, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for particular web content exclusively.